1. when you try to make a baby, it doesn't happen. when you don't try to, it does.
2. whoever coined the term "morning sickness" must have been an unmarried man. otherwise, it would be called "the 24/7 pregnant flu that can last more than three months".
2a. oyster crackers don't work for everyone.
2b. don't eat bacon when pregnant.
3. pregnant brain equates to zero brain.
4. hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time (for me, june 4th, 2012) is an incredible experience, but without seeing ultrasound pictures, it still feels like you are just growing some sort of alien that makes you throw up.
5. people talk about how exciting being pregnant is--which DO NOT GET ME WRONG, it is.--but they do not talk about the scary feeling discussed above--feeling like you have some creature growing inside of you.